Friday, January 7, 2011

Portrait and self-portrait tips and ideas

  • After looking at these, find what you think are the best 2 or 3 tips and copy and paste them into a new post on your blog.
  1. Have fun with it. Be sexy. Be yourself. Be awesome. Be different. Be creative. Whatever you do, have fun with it. That’s part of the point, after all. 
  2. Use props! Are you a dad and a rocker? Bring your kid and your guitar. Are you a photographer? Add camera gear. Painter? Paint. Poet? Words. Make-up artist? Guess… You get the idea.  
Environmental portrait
  •  I like this photo because of the vibrant colors in the background.















  • I like this photo because the clown is creepy and its a weird emotion for a clown to express.















Photography self portrait

  •  I like this photo because its like some kinda of star trek thing...or at least it reminds me of it.

























  • I like this photo because it looks like the photographer has a little metallic dimension in the palm of his hand.













Casual portrait

  •  I like this photo because the old retro coloring gives it that old music feel and emphasizes her status.
  


















  • I like this photo because its like the baby is seeing her twin and is saying hi to it or something.








Please write a paragraph telling me your plan for your portrait assignment. Answer the following questions: who will you shoot, where will you shoot, and what will you do to make the shot successful. Be specific on all three answers. When I read it I should know who and where you will take the photos and I should know exactly what your plan is to make sure you get not only good negatives, but a good print. 


I will probably take a photo of somebody else because i am not much of a model. I'm just to shy to be in front of the camera. But I'm pretty sure someone else can get the feel of it so i will tell them what to do. Probably like a lovely couple together or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment